Q1. What is SMTP Server and SMTP port number?
Ans. This is your mailing server. Some common Mail Service Providers and their default SMTP server and port are listed below. For any other provider a quick google search will help you find this information. If you have your own SMTP server, you can put the details in this field as well.
- Gmail – Email: smtp.gmail.com, Port: 25
- Yahoo – Email: smtp.mail.yahoo.com, Port: 465
- Zoho – Email: smtp.zoho.com, Port: 465
- Hotmail – Email: smtp.live.com, Port: 587
Q2. How can I send alerts to multiple email/pushbullet ids?
Ans. Enter your the emails you would like to send it to in comma separated format. Eg. “firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com”.
Q3. Why does the software not work in webcam mode well?
Ans. Webcams on laptops are made for close ups and applications like Video calling, taking selfies etc. aiSenTineL is made for surveillance and surveillance alone. Surveillance cameras are usually positioned on high ground and look down so that they can have a wide range to catch as much as they can in the view. Thus it works best if you are using surveillance cameras/webcams positioned as a surveillance.
Q4. Why does Clear Area not stop Perimeter Monitoring?
Ans. If you want to remove Perimeter Monitoring, you have to click on the checkbox to disable it. The “Clear Area” button simply clears all the perimeters the user has marked on the frame and resets the perimeter rectangle to the full frame.
Q5. How to change the IP address of the camera or switch to webcam mode?
Ans. The button on the toolbar must be clicked to close the given instance which will take the user back to the camera config screen. You may also click on “Stop” in the left hand panel. Here you can enter a different IP address of the camera.
Q6. How to fix “Timeout! Cannot open stream”
Ans.This can happen due to several reasons:
- IP address of the camera entered is incorrect.
- Username/Password is incorrect
- Camera is not connected to the same network as the computer is connected is on. (Or is not connected at all)
Please check the above conditions and retry.
Q7. Why don’t I receive email notifications
Ans. This is possible due to a few factors:
- Make sure you have configured email settings from aiSenTineL (To reconfigure the settings, go to File->Mail Settings)
- Make sure you have checked the “Notify on Email” box and provided a valid email address for the currently activated feature.
- If you have activated the “Enable Scheduler” option, ensure that the current time lies in between the start and stop time.
- Check the inbox of the outgoing email address you have set up. If you have received any instructions asking you to authorise a new login/ access for less secure apps, follow the steps mentioned in the mail.
- Ensure your firewall is allowing “GbDbMailer.exe” access.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Most smtp servers allow only a fixed number of outgoing emails per address per day. If you were receiving emails and suddenly stopped, it is possible you have overused the quota for the day